The URA is committed to ensuring that all personal data are handled in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. To this end, the URA undertakes to:
- collect adequate, but not excessive, personal data by lawful and fair means only for lawful purposes related to the functions or activities of the URA;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the personal data collected or retained are accurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are to be used;
- erase personal data which are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are to be used;
- use the personal data collected only for purposes or directly related purposes for which the data were to be used at the time of collection, unless the individual concerned has given express consent for a change of use or such use is permitted by law;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data are protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that a person can be informed of the kinds of personal data that the URA holds and the purposes for which the data are to be used; and
- permit persons to access and correct personal data of which they are the data subjects and process any such access/correction requests in a manner permitted or required by law.
The URA will record visits to the website of on-line booking without collecting any personal identifiable information of users. Such general statistics are collected for the compilation of statistical reports and the diagnosis of problems with or concerning computer systems to help the URA improve the website of on-line booking.
For different purposes and at different times you may be invited to provide personal data to the URA through the website of on-line booking on voluntary basis. Personal information may include name, age group, e-mail address etc. The URA will specify the collection purpose and intended usage of your data when it invites you to provide such information and advise you how you may request access to or correction of the personal data provided.
Unless permitted or required by law, the URA will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without your prior consent. All personal data you provide to the URA via this website are secured, and access to them is restricted to authorised personnel only.
This Privacy Statement has been translated into Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.